8 May 2014

My little stash of MUA Products

Hello, massive apologies again for the delay, I've just moved house so things have been a bit manic. Settled now though and should get plenty of time to blog. So I decided to do today's blog on some lovely MUA products that I own. I don't have a massive collection but I've got a bit of a selection so you should get a good idea of what awesome budget products they have on offer...



All of these products apart from the Primer cost just £1 each. The Primer cost me £4. MUA do a range of products priced from £1 upwards. The £1 range is the more basic range but I wouldn't say that there is anything basic about it at all.

I'll start with the most expensive of the products, the Primer.



I bought this getting on 18 months ago after I read about it in a magazine. At the time I wasn't 100% sure about primer or what it's purpose was so thought that for £4 it was a good place to start. I used it for a little while but since then I've tried several other brands, and now I'm happy with ELF's Mineral Primer. However; for the price, this isn't a bad primer at all. It has a bit of a thin consistency but covers well and a little bit does go a long way. If you want a basic primer and don't want to spend a fortune then this is perfect for you.

Next up is one of my favourite MUA products...the Lipstick.



I love MUA lipstick! It's the one of the best budget lipsticks that I've tried. The packing is great and looks a lot more expensive then it is. It even comes with the added extra of a little pot of lipstick on the bottom that unscrews off. Awesome added extra.



The colour of this particular shade, only known as 'Shade 1' is gorgeous.



The picture above makes it look a lot brighter than it actually is. It's a deep rich red and it goes on beautifully. If you apply Lipcote over the top you'll get a long lasting finish. This is the only colour I have tried from MUA but they do loads more colours, and have just released a new range of Matte Lipsticks which look really interesting and are also priced at £1.

When I bought my lipstick, I also bought a couple of lip liners.



The top shade is called 'Red Drama' and the bottom is 'Brooding Plum'. I bought Red Drama to go with a lovely bright red Collection lipstick I have, and I bought Brooding Plum to go with my MUA lipstick. 



Brooding Plum is on the left here, and Red Drama on the right. As you can see from this picture, the colours are both beautiful. They're both very pigmented and go on very nicely. Both the liners also have a sharpener in the lid which is a great feature so you can sharpen them on the go.

Moving onto eyes next, one of my first ever MUA investments was the eyeshadow.




I'm not really an eyeshadow wearer, but I needed a shade like this for an occasion, and didn't want to spend a fortune. As eyeshadows go, this is one of the better ones I have tried. It's a really lovely shade and goes on nicely without too much excess falling off the brush.



You don't need much of it all to get good coverage and it's very pigmented. This lovely colour is 'Shade 27 - Pearl'. They have a really wide range of colours available, and also do some lovely pallets, so if you're into eyeshadow then I would recommend giving MUA a try.

If you've read any of my previous posts then you'll know that I'm a big eyeliner fan. I picked this up at the same time as my lip liners but have only used it a handful of times.



It does what it says on the tin and it is 'Jet Black'. I really do like this liner, but for me, it's a bit too dark and heavy for everyday use.



This shows exactly how dark and heavy it is. It does go on very well and you don't need to press down too hard to get a nice defined line. This for me is more of a evening liner as I don't tend to wear very heavy make up during the day. One of the other problems for me is that it isn't very waterproof at all and faded off my waterline quite quickly. It does work nicely on the eyelid though. Like the lip liners, it also has a sharpener in the lid.

Finally, onto the lovely MUA nail polish. These little pots of polish are great, and I say little because they are quite small at 6.2ml, but they're very good quality and at just £1 you don't mind the size.


'Natural Days' 
'Pistachio Ice Cream'

I have used MUA polishes in the past when they first came out, and liked the colours but they didn't seem to last, and the polishes themselves went off quite quickly. They seem to have changed them quite a lot since then. The polish bottles themselves have been revamped and now have an Essie like feel to them. The formula also seems to have been changed as is much better. I picked these 2 colours because they're beautiful for the spring. The polish is very creamy and goes on well. The only thing I have found is that for good coverage you do need 3 coats. I did 3 coats on each of the swatch sticks and that gives perfect coverage. The polish lasts really well and doesn't chip easily. Really lovely budget polishes, and with most MUA products, the polishes are available in lots of other pretty colours.

So that concludes the review of my MUA collection, and I would definitely recommend this great budget brand. They are always releasing new products and product ranges so it's worth keeping your eyes peeled. MUA products are currently available in Superdrug and online at: www.muastore.co.uk

Sam x

2 comments:

  1. I love the colours of those nail varnishs! Thank you for following :) Great blog by the way:)!

    Paige x

    http://paigejasmine.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Paige,

      They're real beauties :)

      Thanks, loving your blog too :) x

      Delete