2 April 2014

Today's W7 Haul

I've seen the cosmetics brand 'W7' in shops and online for a while but I've never branched out and tried anything from the range. I decided that today was the day to change this...I popped into my local W7 stockist armed with just a £10 note to see what I could get for my money. (I made the executive decision to stay away from their rather amazing nail varnish range as I feel like that will need a separate post of it's own!) Judging by what I saw today, this brand has the potential to be one of my new favourites. First off, here is what I managed to buy for a mere £9.95...


The range of products in the shop really was extensive so I settled on buying a few basics to try out. Each of these products cost just £1.99 each. The first thing I noticed was the lovely packaging. It certainly doesn't look like a budget brand! As well as looking nice, the packaging is very sturdy. No flimsy lids or cheap looking plastic in sight.

The product that I was most keen to buy was the 'Light Diffusing Concealer'. At first glance I thought that it was the Yves St Laurent Touche Eclat! Let's just say that I didn't think twice about putting it straight into my basket!


As far as I could tell, this only comes in one shade so I decided to just risk it and hope for the best. It has a lovely soft brush applicator with a clicking action on the bottom to release the concealer...


The colour isn't too dark at all and is very blend-able. It has a very nice silky feel to it, and even though it is a thicker than a lot of other concealers I have used, it blends in well and doesn't sit too heavy. I'm looking forward to experimenting with this product some more.

The next product to go into the basket was the 'Puff Perfection' powder compact.


I've been after a new face powder for a while now as I'm unhappy with my current Rimmel one. I'm not a religious foundation wearer so wanted a fairly creamy face powder to give good coverage. This fits that bill nicely. I went for the shade 'Fair' and I'm pretty pale. When I got home I initially thought that this shade might be a bit too dark, but after trying it out on my face, I found it to be a pretty good match.


It also comes in 3 other shades including a Translucent which is always handy to have in your make up box. It gives good coverage and it even smells nice! It also comes with a little sponge which is an added bonus. Overall, a really good quality face powder, and at just £1.99 it is an absolute steal! 

Next up is the 'Duo Blusher'...2 shades for £1.99...can't get much better than that!





This set is '01'. I love both of the shades in this set especially the bottom dusky one. If you're into brighter shades then they have more sets available and there is something for everyone. I've done a little swatch of the shades as they always look different on the skin.


The two shades are very different to each other so this sets gives you the chance to change your look as you please. I think the brighter shade is lovely for spring and summer, and the dusky shade is perfect for the winter months. The blushers themselves are very silky and blend nicely. The set even comes with a little brush which is perfect if you're on the go and need a quick touch up. I'm definitely going to be investing in more of these sets in the other colours. Well worth the cash.

I was a bit reluctant to buy any of the mascaras as I'm very loyal to the No7 mascara I use, but I was too intrigued to not give this one a try. I bought 'Big Lash' in 'Blackest Black'.


There was a lot of mascaras to choose from but I liked the packaging of this one in particular and it leaped out at me. The best thing about this mascara is the brush...and what a brush it is!


I can't stand flimsy brushes in fancy shapes. Give me a traditional brush any day! This brush is a lot bigger than a lot I've used in the past, but I didn't have any problems at all with applying the mascara. I just took a bit more care so that it wouldn't make a mess. It gives good coverage without any clumps and does a good job of lengthening the lashes. The only problem I can find with this product is that it isn't waterproof. I think that is personal preference though rather than anything against the brand. A decent mascara for under £2...go and snap one up ladies!

Finally I purchased a 'Chunky Lips' lip crayon. This was more of an impulse buy as I already have quite a lot of lipsticks/crayons/stains...but then again, a girl can never have too many lipsticks right?!


This shade is called 'Sumptuous', and going on the colour of the packaging, I thought that this would be a bit lighter than it is...


I am a fan of pink lipstick, so I don't dislike the shade at all, I just hoped that it would be a bit lighter so that I could wear it on a daily basis. As it goes, I would only really wear this shade for an evening out, but for £1.99 it certainly doesn't hurt to have an extra lip shade in the ever growing make up box. This has a nice thick tip as is easy to apply...


You get a nice matte finish but you could apply some lip gloss over the top for a shinier finish. For £1.99 I'm going to be getting this in a couple of the other shades and I was already eyeing up the bright red... ;)

I'm extremely impressed with my first W7 shop, and with products ranging from around £1-£4, you really can't go wrong. I'm not 100% sure what shops W7 is stocked in but I did see a small amount of the range in B&M Bargains. I've seen a few blogs where ladies have said that they picked some of the nail varnish up in Poundland. If you can't get to a shop that stocks W7 then you can shop for it on Amazon and eBay, with a lot of sellers offering free postage. Just make sure that the product is listed as new. According the Twitter page of W7, they are working on launching a brand new website so fingers crossed that that goes live soon. So if you come across this brand in a shop anytime soon, then take the plunge and give it a go :)

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment